Inmates confined within the Facilities will have equal and adequate access to telephones in order to maintain community ties and contact with legal representatives.
Collect call telephones are located in the day room area of your housing unit. These telephones are available to Inmates at any time during "Inmate Free Time". To utilize the phone, simply lift the receiver and follow the posted instructions. Telephone calls will be limited to fifteen (15) minutes in duration in order to provide telephone access to all inmates.
If an inmate is assigned to Administrative Segregation or the Maximum Security section of the Public Safety Center, they will be permitted access to the telephone during their scheduled recreation time.
All telephone calls are out going only. The staff of the Public Safety Center will not transfer incoming telephone calls to inmates, nor will they take telephone messages for them under any circumstances.
• Newly admitted inmates will be given the opportunity to complete at least three local or collect long distance telephone calls.
• Inmates assigned to Protective Custody will be provided the same telephone privileges as those available to the general population.
• Due to the unique housing capabilities of inmates assigned to Administrative Segregation, telephone privileges will be provided for the inmates on a regularly scheduled basis.
• Inmates assigned to disciplinary detention ordinarily are not provided telephone privileges as a condition of the discipline imposed. This should not preclude emergency telephone calls to designated practicing attorneys in connection with prospective or pending litigation.
• Telephone privileges for the general population will be available on a daily basis.
• Immediately upon being booked, and, except where physically impossible, no later than three hours after arrest, an arrested person has the right to make at least three completed telephone calls. The arrested person shall be entitled to make at least three such calls at no expense if the calls are completed to telephone numbers within the local calling area.
• At intake and receiving areas, a sign containing the following information in bold block type shall be posted in a conspicuous place: