The Stanislaus County Sheriff’s Detention Center (SDC) – PSC East Facility will open for activation on March 18, 2017 at 0700 hours. Several changes to Adult Detention Operations will occur with the activation of our new expansion facilities.
On March 20, 2017 a significant change will occur to the inmate visitation process. The Sheriff’s Department is implementing electronic visit scheduling and video visitation. These changes are intended to make the visiting process more efficient. Please be aware of the following:
- On March 18, 2017 the existing Public Safety Center (PSC) will be designated as the PSC West Facility. Public lobby functions will move to the new Sheriff’s Detention Center (SDC) – PSC East Facility on this date. The PSC West lobby will still be utilized for visitor check in after visits are scheduled electronically.
- Visiting Procedures at the Men’s Jail will remain unchanged. Video visitation as well as visiting times and electronic visit scheduling will not apply to the Men’s Jail at this time.
- All potential visitors must have an email address to register for visitor approval and to schedule visitation for inmates housed at the PSC West, PSC East, and MHU1 & MHU2.
- Visiting for the PSC West, PSC East, and MHU1 & MHU2 will be scheduled online and conducted on a “first come first serve basis.
- Information: visitors can log onto GTL Visitation Scheduling to complete visitor registration, the approval process, check availability, and to schedule visitation.
- Signs and marketing material will be available at each facility to assist in the visitor registration and approval process as well as describe all available functions associated with the new video visitation process and system.
- On February 27, 2017 visitor registration and approval is available at GTL Visitation Scheduling. We highly encourage all visitors to complete online registration to ensure visitor approval is processed prior to March 20, 2017, the start date for video visitation.